As a member of the Bureau of Research, Testing and Consultation (BRTC) of Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET), Dr. M. Ashraf Ali has served as a consultant to industry and government organizations on a variety of projects. A list of major projects in which he was involved as a consultant is provided below.
1) Environmental and Social Assessment of South Zone Power Distribution Compancy, Power Cell, Power Development Board (PDB), 2008.
2) Hatirjheel development and peripheral roadway and walkway project, RAJUK, ongoing.
3) Integrated development of Hatirjheel area, including part of Begunbari khal-DWASA component, Dhaka Water Supply and Sewerage Authority (DWASA), ongoing.
4) Impact Evaluation of Urban and Rural Water and Sanitation Projects, Bangladesh, Water Partner International, USA, ongoing.
5) Environmental assessment of World Bank financed 2X150 MW gas turbine power plant at Siddhirganj, Power Cell, Power Development Board (PDB), 2006-07.
6) Improvement of the existing open solid waste dumping site at Matuail and Design of a sanitary landfill at the newly acquired site adjacent to the existing dumping site, Dhaka City Corporation (DCC), 2006-07.
7) Assessment of industrial pollution within Dhaka watershed areas, IWM-World Bank, 2006.
8) Feasibility study on alternate location of intake of Saidabad water treatment plant, Dhaka WASA, 2006.
9) Effect of DND drainage khal discharge on water quality at Sarulia intake on Sitalakhya River, Dhaka WASA, 2006.
10) IEE for the project on Improvement of Storm Water Drainage System in Dhaka City, Phase II, Dhaka WASA, 2006.
11) Modification and upgradation of water supply and sewerage system at Zia International Airport, Civil Aviation Authority Bangladesh (CAAB), 2003-07.
12) Assessment of Mn removal in municipal and community-based iron/arsenic removal plants, UNICEF, 2006.
13) Evaluation of performance and effectiveness of the ETP of Grameen Knitwear Limited, Grameen Knitwear Limited, 2006.
14) Water quality in slum areas in Chittagong, WaterAid Bangladesh, 2006.
15) Formulation of national program of action (NAPA) for adaptation to climate change, Department of Environment (DoE), 2005.
16) Development proposal for Uttara residential model town (3rd Phase) project, RAJUK, 2005-07.
17) Techno-economic and environmental assessment of the proposed commercial development of low-lands behind Sonargaon Hotel, RAJUK, 2005.
18) IEE of the project on "Expansion of container handling facilities at Chittagong Port", Chittagong Port Authority (CPA), 2003.
19) Cox’s Bazar - Teknaf Marine Drive Road construction Project, MES, 2001.
20) Characterization of Municipal Solid Waste and Preliminary EIA of Collection and Disposal Works, Dhaka City Corporation (DCC), 1999.
21) Water Quality Monitoring in connection with the Construction of the Jamuna Multipurpose Bridge, Jamuna Multipurpose Bridge Authority (JMBA), 1995-1998.
22) Non-intrusive Site Assessment and Environmental Site Assessment of LPG terminal at Mongla, Bagerhat, Bangladesh, 1997.
23) Environmental Impact Assessment of the Effluents from the Industrial Processes of Bleaching and Softening of Jut, Bangladesh Jute Research Institute, 1997.
24) Water quality of 18 DTP, Netherlands-Bangladesh Development Co-operation Program, 1997.
25) A study on Arsenic concentration in groundwater of the North-eastern zone of Bangladesh, Ministry of Agriculture, GoB, 1997.
26) Environmental Impact Assessment of the Proposed Cement Manufacturing Plant at Dangar Char, Chittagong, June, 1996.
27) Karnaphully Paper Mill Wastewater Survey, 1996.
28) Evaluation of subsurface Fate/Transport of chemical species in spent pot-lining leachate, prepared for Aluminum Company of America (ALCOA), Pennsylvania, USA, September, 1993.
Recent Professional Services: