Professor, Department of Civil Engineering, Bangladesh University of Engineering (BUET), Dhaka.
Director, International Training Network (ITN) Centre for Water Supply and Waste Management, BUET, Dhaka.
Graduated in Civil Engineering from BUET in 1982. Received M Sc. Eng. with specialisation in Environmental Engineering from BUET in 1984 and PhD in 1989 from the University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK.
FIELD OF SPECIALIZATION
Environmental Engineering with special interest in Water Supply; Environmental Sanitation; Water pollution and its Control; Industrial Water and Waste Treatment; Sludge Treatment; Solid Waste Management; Air and Noise Pollution; Environmental Impact Assessment and Management.
AREA OF INTEREST
- Water and waste management
- Water and wastewater treatment
- Solid wastes disposal
- River pollution
- Leachate treatment
- Environmental hydraulics
- Metal toxicity
- Fellow, Institution of Engineers, Bangladesh.
- Member, International Society for Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering.
- Member, Indian Water Works Association.
- Member, Bangladesh Society for Geotechnical Engineering.
- Member, Bangladesh Water Supply Association.