- Japanese Government Project, Bottom of Pyramid analysis for appropriate water supply and Sanitation Options for the Rural areas of Bangladesh,
- Tropical Constructed Wetlands for Wastewater Treatment – removal of nitrogenous pollutants, Funded by Netherland Funded
- Integrated Water Resource Management and Adaptation to Climate Change Impacts on Water Resources and Environment, Funded by JSPS, Team of Seven Universities from Asia and Pacific Universities.(Country PI)
- Practical Research on Development and Dissemination of Arsenic Removal Plants from Groundwater in Rural Area of Bangladesh- Lead by Toyo University, Japan. (Country PI)
- Study on Prediction and Control Technology of Atmospheric and Noise Environment in Mega City South Asia - Joint Research project between BUET and the University of Tokyo, Japan. (Country PI)
- Perturbation and Coastal Zone Systems in Asia Pacific Region: Holistic Approaches and Tools for Vulnerability Assessment and Sustainable Management Strategy, APN Funded project, Seven collaborating Universities. Lead University: Monash University, Australia. (Country PI)
- Host researcher of the MIT-BUET joint ongoing research on "Transport mechanism of Arsenic in ground water of Bangladesh " funded by National Science Foundation (NSF), USA .
- "Study on Solar Desalination Plant for drinking water supply" Project funded by WHO
- Principal Investigator of the Alliance for Global Sustainability (AGS) research group (The group being formed by researchers from MIT, Tokyo University and Swiss Institute of Research) working on "Sustainable Water Supply System in Arsenic-affected Asian Environment".
- Modification and improvement of the Arsenic removal equipment (Nano-filter technology) developed at the Tokyo University , Japan
- Monitoring Human exposure to air pollution Jointly with the research group of Tokyo University , Japan